All who occupy leadership positions in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, be it at the national, regional, or prayer group level, are keenly aware that to lead is to serve (Mark 9:35). As leaders of this “Movement of the Spirit”, which by nature is highly unstructured, we are keenly aware of “The Poverty of Authority.”
We need help to organize conferences, training programs and seminars. We need help to create and maintain websites or to publish newsletters.
We need help to organize Eucharistic Celebrations with prayers for healing. We need help with our music ministries, and the list goes on.
And the reality is that most of these projects require funding. Working in this environment, where there are no membership fees or other
assured sources of revenue to rely on, and having to depend solely on the providence of God as expressed through the generosity of our members, our mandate can be quite challenging at times.
If we are to succeed as leaders, we need to learn how to motivate and persuade our members to help us and to use their time, talents and resources for the building of His kingdom. Fund raising is an integral part of our mandate. It must be approached as a ministry.
The Cross of the Renewal, aside from its spiritual dimensions, provides us with an excellent tool to help us to finance our programs and projects. But, as with any tool, it will only facilitate your work if you use it. So, we implore you to prayerfully consider implementing a strenuous and systematic program to promote the Cross of the Renewal to all your members. The results will be well worth your efforts.
Translating this into an effective plan of action, here are some concrete steps that you can take to fund your ministry:
• Start by setting an example. Wear the Cross of the Renewal. Experience its effect and evangelize as opportunities present themselves (and they will) and as the Spirit leads you.
• Determine to promote the Cross of the Renewal at every conference, seminar, healing service, or training session that you organize. Inquire as to how we can help you to do this with NO RISK to your ministry.
• If you have a website, inquire as to how you can link it to the Cross of the Renewal website.
• Make a determined effort to persuade every prayer group in your region to contribute funds to ICCRS through our Stewardship Program in order to receive, as a token of appreciation, one of the beautiful “Stewardship Crosses” made of olive wood from Bethlehem and antique plated pewter. If every member of a prayer group contributes just a few coins every time the group meets, collectively they will soon become “Stewards” of the CCR. Please refer to the STEWARDSHIP PROGRAM for details.
• Advertise the Cross of the Renewal in all your publications.
• Encourage everyone who organizes a Life in the Spirit Seminar to give a Cross of the Renewal lapel pin or pendant to all who complete the course. Help them feel that “they belong”.
May the Holy Spirit bless you for your valued support.